Vision: DSK seeks a country of social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. DSK aims to be a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty.
Mission : DSK aims at building strong community based organisations (CBOs) which will eventually be able to plan, prioritise and implement their own development programs through mobilisation of the following combination of resources: -
- CBO’s own
- donor agencies
- concerned civil society
In order to achieve its goal, DSK is committed to-
- Render primary health care including family planning services to the urban and rural poor. Women and children are particularly focussed on as they are more disadvantaged in Bangladeshi society.
- Undertake an illiteracy eradication program among children and adults
- Exploit all potential options prevailing at the local level to generate gainful employment for the rural and urban poor. Special emphasis is made on expanding women’s participation in income-generating ventures.
- Linking various production inputs, particularly disbursement of credit to the rural and urban poor so that they can realise the available income-generation opportunities.
- Contribute to improve the living conditions of urban slum dwellers. Campaign for their basic human rights and provide legal assistance and shelter, if necessary.
- Sensitise the corporate sector, local government and the community at large about their role in the development process, facilitate and encourage collaborative arrangements.
- Launch relief and rehabilitation programs among victims of natural calamities and disasters.
More About Us