Strengthening Self-Reliance Combining Self-Reliance in Combination with DRR, Livelihood, and WASH at the Coastal Belt
This project performed to form grassroots organizations of disadvantaged women as well as capacity building. Besides, it aimed to facilitate self-reliance and sustainable livelihoods and resilience of vulnerable communities living in coastal belt.
- Implemented Places: Five unions of Bagerhat and Borguna districts.
- Served: 23,976 beneficiaries
- Duration: Ist Phase: December 2014 to November 2019 and 2nd Phase: December 2019 to November 2021
- Donor: KNH
- Stakeholders participated training regarding child rights, prevention of physical and sexual abuse and volunteer Training (Refreshers).
- Target people received training on formation of volunteer and thematic training which acquired them the capability to deal with any disaster with pre-preparedness.
- Target people participated in link building workshop.
- Disadvantaged children were mobilized and organized in different groups.
- Farmers received saline tolerant paddy seeds.