Vision, Mission and Objective
Vision: DSK seeks a country of social justice, where poverty has been overcome, and people live in dignity and security. DSK aims to be a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty.
Mission: DSK aims at building strong community-based organizations (CBOs) that will eventually be able to plan, prioritize and implement their own development programs through the mobilization of the following combination of resources:
- Family and community
- Donor agencies
- Concerned civil society
Objectives: DSK is committed to the following objectives to achieve its vision and mission:
- Providing health care (primary, secondary and tertiary care) and family welfare services to the rural and urban poor in general, and, in particular, to women and children.
- Implementing illiteracy eradication programme among the children and adults.
- Implementing programmes of water supply, environmental sanitation facilities and hygiene education to the rural and urban poor and extreme poor in particular.
- Exploiting all potential options prevailing at the local level to generate gainful employment for the rural and urban poor, with special emphasis on expanding women’s participation in income-generating ventures.
- Linking various production inputs, particularly disbursement of credit to the rural and urban poor for realizing the available employment generation opportunities.
- Contributing to improve the living conditions of the rural and urban poor, campaigning about their right for better livelihood opportunities.
- Empowerment of community-based institutions with visual leadership of women and poor people.
- Sensitizing and strengthening the corporate sector, local government, local private service provider and the community in general about their role in the development process, facilitating and encouraging collaborative arrangements.
- Launching of awareness, relief and rehabilitation program among the victims in the wake of natural calamities and disasters.