||Objectives of watsan project
The main objectives of watsan project are to focus in the area of hygiene education and improved practices, water supply and environmental sanitation. The following objectives are projected to achieve in the watsan services.
- Measurable improvement in sustainable hygiene knowledge and behavior for whole communities, particularly segregated by gender, ages, vulnerability and socioeconomic status.
- Promote community driven and sustainable total sanitation facilities focusing poor and hard core poor families.
- Significant sustainable improvement in access to safe water supplies
- Community empowered at all stages of project implementation process and linked them with local government
DSK’s watsan model is an integration of software and hardware i.e. hygiene promotion and community empowerment with environmental sanitation facilities and water supply with active participation of community and beneficiaries group.
DSK implements four major principles matching with national policies in its watsan project. DSK believes that by implementing four policies in the project activities poverty situation will be improved of the poor and hardcore poor people of the country. On the other hand local institute [CBO and LGI] will be strengthened in planning, implementing and monitoring of the project. Linkage, partnership and the ownership will be more visible and effective among the community and service provider in general, LGI in particular that will lead to sustainability of the project outputs particularly hygiene knowledge and practices, water supply and sanitation facilities.
The principles are
- Poverty reduction
- Good governance
- Community Capacity Building