KNH/BMZ Project On Resilience Building, Climate Change Adaptation, and Disaster Risk Reduction
This project started in order to educate target landless and marginal farmers on alternate agriculture in the background of climate change.
- Implemented Places: Dacope Upazila of Khulna district and sharankhola Upazila of Bagerhat district.
- Served: 3000 farmers.
- Budget: 19,800,000
- Duration: 2016- Continuing
- Donor: KNH and the back donor was BMZ (German Ministry of Foreign Affair’s)
- Community received training on alternate agriculture, saline resistant paddy cultivation, goat farming, crab farming, timber and fruit plants distribution
- Target farmers received training regarding IPM (integrated pest management), Horticulture, Sandbar, market analysis and the value chain management
- 96 hygiene pit toilets were installed on a revolving loan basis.
- Demonstration on alternate agriculture plots were implemented in 80 places.
- 35 crab farmers received loan of BDT 760,000.